About Me

My photo
You may view my website, www.mosswood.info for more information and pictures about the gallery I own and operate in Richland, Washington.

Sunday, July 27, 2008

Sunday, July 27th 2008

Today is Sunday. It is the day after what would have been (or what was, I'm sure) the Pioneer Celebration in Panaca. I thought about it all day yesterday. I was at Jefferson Park selling some antiques we didn't need at Nest Feathers any more and I saw Gary Griggs come by wearing a gray Panaca Mercantile t-shirt. Seemed appropriate for the day. (Gary is Martin's grandpa.)

Anyway, it was less than 100 degrees in the shade. There was a tiny breeze. Walter ran the store by himself, didn't have to wrap a single gift. TW came by and told me a good tale. She was in Portland buying up for E-bay and on the way home something went wrong with the van. She had her granddaughter remove a shoelace from her shoe, she stopped by the side of the road in the middle of the night and 'repaired' the van with the shoelace. She didn't know what it was that was falling apart but she tied it back together and came on home. TB came by and tended the antiques for a bit so I could get Walter to come and load up what was left. Jared and I went over to TB's to hang her pictures. The good story at breakfast was that TW and TB both found it remarkable that I considered some of Jared's opinions. Of course, they were overruled but nonetheless, considered....

No comments: